CPCS: What does CPCS mean?
What does CPCS stand for? We at CPCS often get asked.
First, let’s say that “CPCS” is a synonym for global infrastructure leadership… at least according to our dictionary.
Second, many abbreviations, acronyms and initials have borrowed our four-letter name. We think we’re the oldest CPCS there is though. The letters “CP” in our name date back to the 1800s!
That’s right: CP stems from the famous Canadian Pacific Railway (CP).
In 1996, the consulting arm separated from CP and merged with Hickling Transcom. This is why some still call us “CPCS Transcom” to this day. That said, we’re decidedly CPCS. A successful, independent and global firm headquartered in Canada.
So what does CPCS mean? It used to stand for “Canadian Pacific Consulting Services.” But now it’s just CPCS. It’s neither an acronym nor an abbreviation. The name is CPCS, and it’s pronounced see-pea-sea-s.
From time to time, we see variations of our name floating around, including:
- Canadian Pacific Consultant Services
- Canada’s Pacific Consulting Systems
Neither is right. We’re just CPCS.
People have also referred to CPCS in these ways:
- Ottawa-based Canadian Pacific Consulting Services
- CPCS management consultants
- Global transportation and infrastructure consulting firm
- Ottawa-based CPCS Transcom Ltd
- CPCS Transcom Ltd
- CPCS Transcom
- CPCS International
People will even mix up the letters and say “CPSC” or “CSPC.” Managing Partners Marc-André Roy and Jean-François Arsenault can tell you how many times the name has been misspelled, including in the press.
To dispel further confusion, here’s a brief introductory list of “CPCS” that are not, well, CPCS.
CPCS – Construction Plant Competence Scheme
Construction Plant Competence Schemes are pieces of information that validate the expertise of plant operators. They’re specific to the construction industry. We’re not surprised that folks mix us up, as infrastructure and construction go hand in hand. However, our management and development services focus on the transport, power and public-private partnership sectors.
CPCS Technologies is a technology services company headquartered in Cary North Carolina. CPCS Technologies maintains strategic alliances with a number of consultants in various fields as well as alliances with several technology partners.
CPCS – Colton-Pierrepont Central School
Colton-Pierrepont Central School is a kindergarten to 12th grade learning institution in New York. While CPCS is big on teaching, creating and sharing knowledge, we think it’s best you send your kids to a real school for their education.
CPCS – Committee for Public Counsel Services
This Massachusetts network of attorneys helps those who can’t afford legal services. We have plenty of legal experts at CPCS, but ours deal with business advisory and structuring.
CPCS – <CPCS.team>
This software development company specializes in creating web, mobile and software applications. Our computing power, on the other hand, deals with infrastructure analytics, spatial modeling and data visualization.
CPCS – Community Pharmacist Consultation Service
We offer consultation services that positively impact the communities through and our projects. In other words, we solve infrastructure ailments – not body or health-related ones.
CPCS – Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist
This certification from the National Association Medical Staff Services is awarded to health care organizations. But did you know we do our own assessments too? They include economic and financial feasibility studies, public-private partnership framework reviews, tender appraisals and sector skills evaluations.
CPCs – Cost per clicks
Cost per Click (CPC) refers to the price you pay to a publisher for each click for your pay-per-click marketing campaign. A CPC is commonly used to calculate the costs of displaying ads on a search engine. Rest assured there’s no cost per click when you visit our website.
CPCS – Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies
This non-governmental organization based in Cambodia researches and launches initiatives to end violence in Asia. Our projects in Asia, however, tend to be more focused on the power sector.
CPCS – Central Plains Cancer Services
The Manitoba-based non-profit organization seeks to promote cancer awareness and improve the quality of life of cancer patients and survivors. CPCS promotes climate change awareness and improves the socioeconomic aspects of global communities.
The list goes on. We found close to 70 variations of what CPCS is not:
- Cabin Pressure Control System (CPCS)
- Cadre de la politique canadienne du spectre (CPCS)
- California Poison Control System (CPCS)
- California Premier Culinary School (CPCS)
- Call Processing Control System (CPCS)
- Cambridge Photometry Calibration Server (CPCS)
- Canadian Pipeline Competency System (CPCS)
- Capital Pool Companies (CPCs)
- Cathay Pacific Catering Services (CPCS)
- Case Processing Centres (CPCs)
- Cedar Park Christian Schools (CPCS)
- Centre for Child and Parent Support (CPCS)
- Center for Palliative Care Studies (CPCS)
- Centre for Parenting Culture Studies (CPCS)
- Center for Professional and Continuing Studies (CPCS)
- Center for Peace and Civil Society (CPCS)
- Central Peace Conservation Society (CPCS)
- Center for Peace and Conflict Studies (CPCS)
- Centre for Psychological and Counselling Services (CPCS)
- Central Plains Cancer Services (CPCS)
- Ceramic Power Capacitors (CPCs)
- Cerebral Performance Categories (CPCs)
- Certified Pastoral Care Specialist (CPCS)
- Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor (CPCS)
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
- Certificates of Public Convenience (CPCs)
- Cesson Plomberie Chauffage Sanitaire (CPCS)
- Check Processing Control System (CPCS)
- Chesapeake Public Charter School (CPCS)
- Child Protection Centers and Services (CPCS)
- Child Protection Committees (CPCs)
- Child Protection Counselling Service (CPCS)
- Children’s Product Certificates (CPCs)
- Choroid Plexus Cysts (CPCs)
- Coast Phase Control System (CPCS)
- Collarless-polished-cemented-hip-stem (CPCS)
- College of Public and Community Service (CPCS)
- Colton-Pierrepont Central School (CPCS)
- Cooling Preventive Maintenance Service (CPCS)
- Colton-Pierrepont Central School (CPCS)
- Combat Personnel Control System (CPCS)
- Command Post Counter-Surveillance (CPCS)
- Commission Permanente de Concertation pour les Services (CPCS)
- Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS)
- Common Part Convergence Sublayer (CPCS)
- Common Procedure Coding System (CPCS)
- Common Professional Components (CPCs)
- Common Program Control Station (CPCS)
- Common Powertrain Controllers (CPCs)
- Communist and Post-Communist Studies (CPCS)
- Community Partnership Charter School (CPCS)
- Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS)
- Community Pharmacy Consultation Service (CPCS)
- Community Police Centres (CPCs)
- Compensation and Position Classification System (CPCS)
- Compound Parabolic Concentrators (CPCs)
- Condensation Particle Counters (CPCs)
- Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CPCS)
- Consumer Protection Cooperation System (CPCS)
- Cooperative Patent Classifications (CPCs)
- Corrosion Prevention Compounds (CPCs)
- Cost per Clicks (CPCs)
- Countries of Particular Concerns (CPCs)
- Crime Prevention Coordinators (CPCs)
- Crime Prevention and Community Safety (CPCS)
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance (CPCS)
- Crisis Pregnancy Centers (CPCs)
- Crisis Prevention and Court Services (CPCS)
- Crowd Point Christian Services (CPCS)