CPCS named a top employer in Ottawa-Gatineau again!
CPCS, an international infrastructure management consultancy, maintains its standing as one of Canada’s National Capital Region top employers according to the organizers of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2024 competition.
- CPCS was recognized in this category in 2023, making the front page of the competition’s special magazine.
- Winning again in 2024 demonstrates how CPCS shines among other large private organizations and public sector employers.
- CPCS stands out for its commitment to putting fun and impact at the apex of its mission.
- Learn more about what it’s like to work for a high-impact employer: https://cpcs.ca/careers/
Better infrastructure solutions. Better lives.
CPCS is a transport and energy-focused infrastructure management consultancy. Our team is dedicated to improving lives by finding and recommending better infrastructure solutions. We advise funders, decision makers and policymakers on high stake matters.
Among the work we accomplish:
- supporting electrification projects
- preparing strategies for lower-carbon supply chains
- improving freight transport planning
- mobilizing climate finance for infrastructure projects
Why CPCS is a top employer
- CPCS encourages employees to adopt an ownership mentality through a share purchase plan, available to all employees, and lets everyone share in the company’s success with a formal profit-sharing plan.
- CPCS helps keep employees connected through ongoing and open communication initiatives, such as monthly virtual town halls, end-of-week emails with recognition notes, an annual employee magazine, and an annual four-day employee conference.
- CPCS cultivates a learning culture with tuition and professional association subsidies, custom training taught by colleagues through the in-house Depth University, up to four days per year for short-term training on company time, and a paper and presentation bonus of up to $1,000 for employees that write expert articles, deliver presentations at conferences, or host an internal knowledge sharing session.
What CPCS employees are saying
“The opportunity to immerse myself in diverse sectors and collaborate across geographies has been truly transformative.” – Wendy Chinelobi, Business Analyst
“I get to work across the entire project development spectrum, involving tasks from proposal development to project closeout. This instills a sense of ownership and accomplishment and provides a continuous avenue for improving my skillset.” – Ashok Kinjarapu, Senior Consultant
“I enjoy shaping our inclusive environment, supporting our people, and providing tools that foster success. The collaborative and respectful atmosphere makes every day fulfilling.” – Lucie Davidson, Talent Management Coordinator
Purpose over profit for CPCS
Our mission is to provide advisory solutions that have the potential to improve lives by making infrastructure and operations better. Like everyone else, for example, we want safe and reliable public transit, and this starts by advising decision makers. That’s what we do.
Moreover, CPCS focuses on pursuing projects we can see making a positive difference. We also believe positive impact relies not only on doing the right projects, but also on doing them the right way. As such, we have no qualms about speaking the truth to power or about walking away from a project we believe is not being done in a way coherent with our beliefs and values. CPCS lives by its environmental and social responsibility policy that says “well planned, funded, and managed infrastructure is critical to improve economic growth, improve peoples’ lives and protect the environment.”
Building a great company that runs on solid principles takes time, and this award reflects this work over the years. From defining core values to working towards gender equality, and overhauling how we manage integrity across our activities, this is how we demonstrate our commitment to doing the right thing and make CPCS a great place to work for highly skilled and sought after professionals.
In our pursuit of impactful work, we recruit people who have a passion for helping infrastructure improve lives, are curious and entrepreneurial. “We are infrastructure nerds. We look for people that understand the value of delivering impact from infrastructure and find this stuff fascinating,” says managing partner Marc-André Roy.
National Capital Region’s Top Employers
Read the 2024 competition’s press release.
Now in its 19th year, National Capital Region’s Top Employers is a special designation that recognizes employers in the Ottawa-Gatineau metropolitan area that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. The regional competition is organized by the editors of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project. Editors compare organizations using the following criteria:
- Work atmosphere and social
- Health, Financial & Family Benefits
- Vacation and time off
- Employee communications
- Performance management
- Training and skills development
- Community involvement
The full list of the National Capital Region’s Top Employers (2024) was announced in a special magazine co-published with the Ottawa Citizen. Detailed reasons for selection for each of this year’s winners, as well as additional stories and photos are accessible via the competition homepage.