UK rail firm FCP rebrands as CPCS
Infrastructure management consulting firms complete post-merger integration of their global operations under the CPCS platform and brand
First Class Partnerships (FCP), a UK-based strategic rail advisory firm established in 1996 rebranded to match its parent company and becomes within CPCS its UK and Europe Division alongside other divisions working across Africa, North America and beyond.
Related content: read original merger announcement
The move comes after FCP merged in 2020 with CPCS, a global infrastructure consulting firm headquartered in Canada. Both organizations have since integrated their activities under CPCS, giving clients access to greater technical and commercial depth, capabilities and capacities across the global transport sector.
Since the merger, CPCS has continued delivering rail transport advisory services and major project assistance to existing and new clients, including the UK’s Department for Transport, the World Bank Group, one of Canada’s public transportation agencies Metrolinx, US transportation agencies, as well as private sector railway operators, investors and systems manufacturers.
Some recent projects since merger:
- delivering ongoing strategic support to major capital projects such as GO Expansion in Toronto
- exploring the opportunities for hydrogen-fuelled rail vehicles
- developing business cases for rail services and facilities
- providing asset management and operations advice and assurance to national and regional governments internationally
- developing successful bid submissions for Tier 1 suppliers
- commercial problem-solving and, where necessary, claims management on complex rail projects
- conducting due diligence for major financial transactions
“FCP has been widely known as leading strategic advisors in the rail industry in the UK and beyond and we are proud to continue to leverage and to complement this depth under the CPCS name” — Marc-André Roy, Managing Partner.
“Having operated under separate names for more than a year, during which time we have successfully integrated the two organizations, we are excited to adopt the CPCS brand, which has long been recognized for the delivery of high impact advice.” — Ian Horseman Sewell, VP of UK and Europe (FCP’s former CEO).
CPCS is an employee-owned global management consulting firm working across the infrastructure sector. CPCS solves challenges specific to infrastructure sectors such as transport and power, including strategic optioneering, outline design, strategic business cases, financing & procurement models, due diligence, and transaction management. CPCS also works as a project developer, developing or advising on the development of early-stage infrastructure projects from concept through to mobilization of finance.
- CPCS is headquartered in Canada with its main offices in Canada, the US, the UK and Africa
- CPCS has 150 employees and a talent pool of more than 200 associate consultants
- CPCS completed 1,500 projects in more than 110 countries
For more information:
Global Marketing and Communications