Guineng Chen, PhD
Associate Global Director, Infrastructure Analytics
Guineng leads the Policy Analytics Desk as part of a team responsible for global infrastructure analytics services.
Guineng has extensive experience in transportation from his consulting and research background. Guineng has advised local and national governments on regional development, transport and land-use planning, sustainable transport systems and climate mitigation strategies. These projects often involved several organizations with budgets up to one million euros.
Prior to joining CPCS, Guineng has worked at the International Transport Forum (ITF) and at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) as a policy analyst and project manager where he led transport modeling and policy advisory for freight and passenger transport sectors.
During his academic career, Guineng has published several research papers in transport modeling, transport policy and regional science and has served as a reviewer for several international journals.
He is fluent in Chinese, English, Portuguese and French.
- 2020: M.A., Finance, Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics
- 2014: Ph.D., Transportation Systems, University of Lisbon
3 fun facts:
- Born in China, but lived in Sweden, Portugal, U.S. and France during the past 11 years
- Wanted to be a journalist and a news presenter as a child
- Has a dog named Luke Skywalker
P: +351 9696 777 99