Ian Horseman Sewell
Chief Commercial Officer
Ian leads CPCS’s investment in long term partnerships globally. He initiates, develops and oversees strategic relationships with partners and clients.
Previously, he was the firm’s Vice President for the UK and European markets, and, before that, was CEO of First Class Partnerships (FCP), an international rail consultancy that merged with CPCS in 2020.
Ian is an internationally experienced and innovative business leader with strengths in initiating, developing and managing business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-government (B2G) relationships.
Ian started his career in the UK Diplomatic Service, where his work ranged from serving in the UK’s Gulf Crisis Unit during the first Gulf War to capacity building in Afghanistan. Ian’s private sector career since then includes senior roles in several sectors, such as transport and transit, nuclear, emergency services, security and critical national infrastructure.
Ian is recognized for his ability to innovate and to negotiate complex commercial situations under intense scrutiny and pressure on behalf of clients and stakeholders in both the public and private sectors. Ian has led strategic advisory engagements in transport and transit for clients across the UK, Scandinavia, Southeast Asia and North America.
Ian serves on the CPCS Board of Directors as well as subsidiary boards in Europe and North America. He speaks English, conversational German and basic French.
- Business Growth Programme, Cranfield University’s School of Management
- Business Growth and Innovation Programme, Ashridge Management College
- Master of Arts, Geography, University of Cambridge
3 fun facts:
- Volunteers as a commissioned officer in a specialist unit in the British Army
- One of the first subscribers to Climeworks, which is building the world’s largest plant in Iceland to capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere using geothermal energy
- Keeps a very small flock of Norfolk Horn sheep
P: +1 (613) 237-2500