Jan Grabowiecki, CFA
Vice President, Francophone Africa – North/Centre/East
Jan leads operations and manages teams in Francophone countries in North, Central and Eastern Africa.
With a background in economics and finance, Jan brings 12 years of experience in infrastructure advisory and public finance. Jan focuses on advising private investors and governments in the preparation and negotiation of bankable infrastructure projects. He brings a deep understanding of business models and investment landscapes in several transport sub-sectors, including rail, road, port, maritime transportation and urban mobility.
Jan previously opened and led the growth of CPCS’ office in Abidjan, where he was based. He has led several successful strategic assignments in the region, including:
- Audit of the petroleum distribution sector in Madagascar, which helped the Government save $40 million per year
- Commercial and economic study for the development of new toll roads in Gabon
- Feasibility study for the development of new rail lines in Cameroon
- Review of business models and investor interest in Bus Rapid Transit projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
Before joining CPCS in 2016, Jan worked for several leading public and private sector organizations, including McKinsey & Company, the Privy Council Office, the Ministry of Finance of Canada and the Bank of Canada.
- 2007: M.A., Economics, McGill University
- 2005: B.A. (Honours), Economics and Geography, McGill University
- Chartered Financial Analyst
3 fun facts:
- Has lived in Côte d’Ivoire, Costa Rica and Canada
- Enjoys tennis, skiing and running
- Played a lot of baseball growing up and is keen to see the Expos return to Montreal