Major transportation project advisory
Expert advisory for major rail and transit projects
Major projects delivered better
CPCS is a team made up of rail engineers and operators, former rail executives, senior program managers, transportation planners, economists, mobility specialists, data scientists, and more.
We supply strategic advisory and technical support to both public and private sector clients for all facets of major transport projects from start to finish.
- Among our notable clients: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), Transport Canada, TransLink, Metrolinx, VIA Rail, Caltrain, Hitachi Rail, and Amtrak.
- Service offering: See full solutions package
Core advisory services:
- Visioning and business case development, including project financing
- Project feasibility
- Project requirements and specification
- Procurement strategy and management
- Commercial and claims support, including risk mitigation
- Sponsorship and benefits realization
- Operational planning, including operational readiness
- Rail network planning
- Project leadership
We deploy transport sector experts drawn from an international talent pool of employees and associates.
Our strategic advice is always infused with detailed operational understanding. Our senior experts have many years of practical experience in managing all aspects of rail businesses and assets, including power and control systems, track, rolling stock, customer service, finance, demand modelling and business case development.
Major project advisory rooted in operational understanding and pragmatism
CPCS provides strategic advice and technical leadership for major transportation projects from concept to procurement and through to delivery.
- Bid support and evaluation
- Business case, economic and financial analysis
- Data analytics and tool development
- Due diligence
- Funding, financing and governance
- Grant strategy and development
- Planning and feasibility studies
- Risk management
- Special purpose forecasts
- Commercial and claims
- Independent performance audits
- Land value capture
- Procurement advisory
- Project assurance
- Project sponsorship, governance and assurance
- System integration
- Transaction and deals
- Transit-oriented communities
- Executive project strategy
- Partnership facilitation
- Project management
- Stakeholder engagement