Principal Consultant, Power
Ahsan has over 25 years of consulting experience in the power sector.
Ahsan is fluent in the following tasks:
- Techno-economic and feasibility studies
- Generation expansion planning and policy evaluation
- Economic analyses and transmission projects
- Cross-border transmission interconnection studies
- Regulatory framework reviews and industry restructurings
- Due diligence studies and management and engineering audits
- Benchmarking performance advisory
- key performance indicators development.
Ahsan’s other work includes managing the operation and maintenance of thermal and gas turbine power stations and drafting commercial and engineering contracts and technical proposals.
Prior to joining CPCS, Ahsan worked with SNC-Lavalin as the Senior Power Sector Specialist and Team Leader and with Deloitte Consulting as Manager (Energy Projects).
- Ph.D.: Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde
- MBA: University of Karachi
- B.Eng.: Mechanical Engineer, NED University of Engineering and Technology
3 fun facts:
- Has travelled to more than 40 countries
- Has seen the world’s highest peaks – Mt. Everest and K2 – from an airplane
- Has sheltered for three days in Miami to avoid a hurricane