Aleks Prodan, PhD
Principal and Associate Global Director, Transport
Aleks focuses on railway operations, transportation planning and engineering and infrastructure pricing.
He has completed numerous consulting and research assignments for governments and international agencies. He is noted for his studies for the International Union of Railways and on the impact of new infrastructure and real estate development on the surrounding environment.
His career in transportation began with work on urban transit projects. He has worked extensively in transport engineering and traffic modeling, building travel demand and railway infrastructure pricing demand models. He also conducted numerous economic and financial analyses and public-private partnership (PPP) rail projects.
Aleks has worked across North America, Europe, Africa and Asia. He speaks five languages fluently: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Ph.D., Transportation Systems, MIT Portugal
- Masters, Transportation Systems, MIT Portugal
- B.Sc., Computational Engineering Science, University of California, Berkeley
3 fun facts:
- Avid traveller who has set foot in over 80 countries
- Likes sailing in the summer and skiing in the winter
- “Transportation nerd” who has visited over 160 urban transport systems around the world
P: +1 415-860-6908