Senior Consultant, West Africa
Chinelo is a lawyer with over a decade of experience in corporate-commercial practices. She brings legal depth in providing holistic guidance on private-sector led investments, deal structuring and transaction advisory.
- Structuring commercial transactions
- Restructuring corporate entities
- Power sector regulatory compliance
- Corporate governance
- Project and debt financing
- Reviewing and drafting Loan Market Association Facility Agreements
- Public reforms
At CPCS, she has acted as a legal expert advising the Ethiopian Government on the implementation of public-private partnership (PPP) guidelines in public infrastructure development. More specifically, she reviewed the country’s PPP framework and prepared Concession Agreements and Management Contracts.
Prior to joining CPCS, Chinelo was a Senior Associate with Aluko & Oyebode LLP. In this role, she acted as external counsel to a major Nigerian power distribution company by advising on regulatory compliance with the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of Nigeria and the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC). She has also advised Canadian organizations on private sector-driven commercial acquisitions in Africa.
2013: Master of Laws, Business Law, Dalhousie University
- Called to the Bar in Nigeria and Ontario
- Chartered Corporate Governance Professional (United Kingdom)
3 fun facts:
- Has been to 24 out of Nigeria’s 36 states
- Dances salsa, bachata, cha-cha, merengue and kizomba
- Her favourite novel character is Miss Marple from the Agatha Christie crime series
P: +1 (613) 237-2500 ext. 310