Irvine Piczenik, MBA
Head of Transport Economics, UK and Europe
Irvine has over 35 years of experience developing business cases for transport schemes and advising public and private sector clients on transportation projects and policy.
Irvine’s experience includes:
- Economic, financial and transport modelling
- Project and economic cost-benefit appraisal
- Business case development
- Project risk reviews
Irvine has completed over 25 public-private partnerships, private finance initiatives and concession projects in the transport sector. He has worked extensively with lenders, investors, sponsors and project promoters. He has contributed to more than 10 private sector bids for heavy rail, light rail and bus franchises and concessions.
In addition to his experience in the UK, Irvine has undertaken studies in Russia, Singapore, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Israel and Germany. He has also delivered feasibility studies for government departments in Bulgaria, Russia, Finland and Canada, and research projects in the UK and for the European Union.
- 1995: MBA, Warwick University
- 1985: MSc., Transport Engineering and Planning, University of Salford
- 1984: BA (Hons), Economics, Staffordshire University
3 fun facts:
- Enjoys investing in the stock market
- Relishes books written in the late Habsburg period, especially those by Joseph Roth (born in the same village of his grandfather)
- Became a fitness fan late in life
P: +1 613-237-2500