Principal Consultant, Finance
Manuel has more than 35 years of experience analyzing and planning the development of power systems in the Americas, Asia, the Middle East, Southeast Europe and Africa.
He has experience in:
- Power sector restructuring
- Regulatory and electricity market design
- Grid codes
- Integrated resource planning (demand-side management)
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency measures
- Renewable energy integration
- Simulation of complex inter-connected power systems
- Development of optimization and simulation models
Before joining CPCS, Manuel has participated in technical assistance projects funded by international finance institutions such as the World Bank and has served as an expert consultant to both the public and private sectors.
Manuel has been the designated Canadian delegate member for the International Council on Large Electric Systems and the Institute of Electricity and Electronics Engineers Inc. Latin America Transactions working groups. He has also published numerous papers and has been invited to several power sector conferences as a panelist.
- 2013: Executive course, Accounting and Finance for Managers, McGill University
- 1990: M.S., Operations Research, Universidad Central de Venezuela
- 1981: B.Eng., Electrical Engineering, Universidad Simón Bolívar
3 fun facts:
- Big fan of progressive rock
- Likes to read non-fiction, such as science, history and global affairs
- Loves animals
P: +1 (613) 237-2500