Principal, Public-Private Partnerships
Raj is a financial analyst, a transaction advisor and a business development specialist with expertise in financial modelling, transaction structuring, project finance, debt and equity capital markets and PPP projects.
Raj has worked on projects in North America, the Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Africa and South-East Asia in a wide range of sectors. His experience includes projects in transport, energy, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, water and construction sectors. To date, he has worked on infrastructure projects valued over US$12.5 billion.
Prior to joining CPCS, Raj worked as a financial analyst and a transaction advisor in many corporate and project finance assignments, PPPs and infrastructure projects internationally. Some of these projects include toll roads, low-cost housing, commercial and residential real estate, hotels and safari lodges, medical diagnostic facilities, waste to bio-fuels plants and capital raises of over US$500 million.
Raj is fluent in English and speaks Sinhalese, the main language of Sri Lanka.
- 2010: B.Com., Finance, McGill University
- Certified PPP professional – Foundation, APMG International
- CFA Level III Candidate Member, CFA Institute
- Candidate Council Member, CFA Society Sri Lanka
3 fun facts:
- Likes to study and apply eastern and western philosophies to his life
- Does at least one “extreme” sport once every three months (think bungee jumping and cliff diving)
- Born in Qatar, grew up in Sri Lanka, has lived in Canada, Kenya, Philippines and now mostly lives in Sri Lanka
P: +94 77 897 3429