Erika Witzke, PE.
National Director, Freight Planning and Policy, US
Erika is a Professional Engineer (PE) with nearly 30 years of experience in freight planning, policy, and performance measurement.
Erika is National Director for freight planning and policy projects across the US. She understands the changing national and international freight supply chains and systems, the data used to support assessment of their condition and performance, and how to use that information to make investment decisions.
As project manager, Erika has led dozens of studies and implementation-focused plans related to truck, rail, and maritime topics for US states, state consortia, and large and small urban areas. A consultant for the past 16 years, she spent the first decade of her career in the public sector leading the management and operations planning program at a mid-sized metropolitan planning organization.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Marquette University
- Certificate, Freight Transportation & Logistics, Northwestern University Transportation Center
Registered Professional Engineer (OH-71834)
- Chair, Standing Committee on Inland Water Transportation (AW020), Transportation Research Board
- Member of the Inland Waterway Advisory Panel, Eno Center for Transportation
- Member, Committee Agricultural Transportation (AT030), Transportation Research Board
- Member of WTS International and past president of the Columbus Chapter
- Will never turn down an opportunity to give visitors an architectural walking tour of her home city, Chicago
- Contributed to the Women in Engineering book series by co-authoring a chapter on inland waterway systems in the US
P: +1 613-237-2500