Engagement Director, UK and Europe
Chris has over 25 years of experience in the rail industry and has worked in numerous engineering and commercial roles.
Key positions held in the rail industry:
- Head of maintenance and technical development
- Fleet manager (managing various fleets between 20 and 320 vehicles)
- Professional head of engineering
Chris has been the lead in the specification and commercial negotiation on a number of new train fleets and infrastructure procurements. Some of his most notable rail projects delivered:
- Introduction of three new rolling stock fleets
- Electrification upgrades
- Development of strategies for rail franchising and concessions
- Various engineering change management projects
Chris has been a finalist for “Personal Outstanding Achievement” at the Rail Awards, thanks to his projects on new rolling stock and achieving ongoing high reliability.
Beyond the rail industry, Chris has also delivered projects in the marine, defence and power generation sectors.
Chris is a chartered engineer and a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
2000: B.Eng. (Hons), Electrical Power Engineering, Glasgow Caledonian University
3 fun facts:
- A keen runner and cyclist
- Has a bike collection which always equates to n+1
- Enjoys Italian cuisine (and happens to have Italian heritage)
P: +44 203 651 5745