Derek Stanger, PE, MBA
Principal Consultant, Transport
Derek is an expert in rail, marine, terminal and gateway infrastructure with a deep understanding of all transportation modes and commodities.
As Senior Director, he combines his skills and knowledge in project management, supply chain and resource development to establish new partnerships with the private sector.
Before CPCS, he worked at Canadian National Railway (CN) for more than 20 years.
Derek is an accomplished project leader and strategic advisor that knows how to work in multidisciplinary teams, and bring together specialists in marketing, sales, rail operations, project finance, engineering, design and construction.
Derek is based in Vancouver, British Columbia and is originally from Montreal, Quebec. As a practicing engineer prior to completing his MBA and joining CN, he’s also lived and worked in Toronto, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Master of Business Administration, Marketing and Strategy, McGill University, Canada
- Bachelor of Engineering Science, Civil, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Licensed Professional Civil Engineer (PE), California, USA and Quebec, Canada (P. Eng.)
3 fun facts:
- Loves skiing, mountain biking and travelling with his wife, Lynne, and his two teenage boys
- Enjoys getting out on his 40-year-old boat to explore the islands and inlets of the Pacific Northwest
- Was formerly a qualified railway conductor and certified railcar mechanical inspector
P: +1 613-237-2500