Principal Consultant, Public-Private Partnerships
Hakan is an investment and consulting professional with extensive international business experience in the appraisal, development and financing of infrastructure projects and the full private equity transaction cycle in a multitude of sectors.
Hakan previously worked at CPCS within the firm’s West Africa team from 2012 to 2017.
He has spent a significant part of his career in the infrastructure sector as a project sponsor, investor, lender as well as a consultant. Before moving to Canada, he worked in Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates. He started his career at Turk Eximbank, Turkey’s official export credit and insurance agency.
- MBA, Cass Business School (as a British Council Chevening Scholar), University of London
- Bachelor of Science, Management, Middle East Technical University
3 fun facts:
- During his military service in the Turkish Army, he was responsible for Istanbul’s Military Museum daytime security and was the museum guide for VIP guests
- While living in Brussels he used to sing arias in metro stations when nobody was around as a way to entertain his children
- Bought an electronic drum set a couple of months into the pandemic. YouTube has been, and is still, his teacher. Has been told by impartial third parties that he has become quite good at playing Supersonic from Oasis and The Boulevard of Broken Dreams from Green Day. He is working to expand his repertoire.