Consultant, Anglophone and Lusophone Africa
Joanna brings to CPCS a deep interest for how cities across the world are built, governed and experienced by people. What she finds most interesting is working on infrastructure challenges to make the built environment like roads, public spaces and housing more inclusive.
A recent project she carried out is on new master-planned cities in Tanzania, developing her expertise in public-private partnerships and the planning processes behind complex urban mega-projects.
Before joining CPCS, Joanna worked in a research lab, a start-up and a development consulting firm. She has contributed to projects in a number of areas, including urban governance, supporting women in business, leadership training and small and medium enterprise support.
- Master of Arts, Urban Geography, McGill University, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts, International Development and Business Management, McGill University, Canada
3 fun facts:
- Born in France but grew up in Kenya, Ethiopia, South Africa and Thailand
- Enjoys rock climbing, sailing and playing a game of pick-up basketball
- Can identify most African mammals and Indian Ocean fish
P: +1 613-237-2500