Joseph Schulman, PhD
Principal Consultant, Canada
Dr. Schulman has been a transportation economist since 1998, serving clients in both the public and private sectors on Canadian and international projects.
Joseph’s numerous completed assignments include the following:
- Examinations of public policy and regulatory issues
- Market and traffic analyses on the transportation industry
- Financial and economic project evaluations
- Assistance in institutional capacity development.
Joseph also has extensive experience in economic and freight transportation forecasting, strategic planning and research program management.
Joseph served full-time as Co-Director Research for the federal Canada Transportation Act Review during 2000-2001. During his 21 year tenure at Canadian Pacific Ltd., he served as senior economist, assistant director of Economic Research and director of Economics and Business Analysis. In the latter capacity, he was the company’s chief economist and performed key functions in the areas of strategic planning, budgeting and financial reporting and corporate communications. Finally, he has taught university courses in transportation economics, managerial finance and managerial economics.
- 1973: Ph.D., Economics, University of Michigan
- 1967: M.A., Economics, The George Washington University
- 1963: B.A., Economics, Franklin and Marshall College
3 fun facts:
- Born in the U.S. and emigrated to Canada in 1970
- Plays jazz on clarinet and soprano saxophone
- Enjoys working out and jogging
P: +1 (514) 770-7829