Principal Consultant, U.S.
Scott specializes in multimodal freight and logistics, maritime trade and aviation strategy.
Prior to joining CPCS, Scott worked at the Port of Portland for 28 years. For the last 16 years, he was the Director of Research & Strategy. He and his team supported the Port’s aviation, marine and industrial real estate business lines.
Scott currently serves on the External Advisory Board for PacTrans, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s regional University Transportation Consortium for the Pacific Northwest. He also represented the Port of Portland on the Oregon Freight Advisory Committee and was chair of the Transportation Research Board Freight Data Committee.
- 1989: M.A., Urban Planning, Portland State University
- 1987: B.A., Political Science, University of Oregon
3 fun facts:
- Serves on the University of Oregon Library Board
- Wrote his Master’s thesis on the economic impacts of the 1988 Olympics games in Calgary
- Enjoys reading maps so much that one of his favourite sports is orienteering