Principal Consultant, US
Scott has 35 years of experience bridging public policy and private investment in freight services, facilities and supply chain operations.
Scott specializes in advising public sector clients on goods movement, supply chain and international trade projects. Before CPCS, he worked at the Port of Portland for 28 years, more than half that time as director of research and strategy. When he used to support the Port’s aviation, marine and industrial real estate business lines, he regularly engaged with shippers, carriers and policy makers on trade and supply chain operations.
Scott serves on the External Advisory Board for PacTrans, the US Department of Transportation’s regional University Transportation Consortium for the Pacific Northwest. He also represented the Port of Portland on the Oregon Freight Advisory Committee and was chair of the Transportation Research Board Freight Data Committee.
- Master of Arts, Urban Planning, Portland State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Oregon
3 fun facts:
- Serves on the University of Oregon Library Board
- Wrote his Master’s thesis on the economic impacts of the 1988 Olympics games in Calgary
- Enjoys reading maps so much that one of his favourite sports is orienteering
P: +1 613-237-2500