Senior Consultant, Power
Sumit is an infrastructure specialist specialized in power and energy advisory with more than five years of experience in the electricity and clean energy space in India and Canada.
Sumit has developed and implemented energy policy initiatives for governments, energy regulators and utilities. He’s also assisted in delivering energy programs funded by multilateral agencies to accelerate the implemention of clean energy in India. Notably, he worked on the draft model regulations for distributed renewable energy as part of the World Bank funded technical assistance program in India.
Before joining CPCS, Sumit worked with an Internet-of-Things energy company where he analyzed energy data and building energy performance. Sumit enjoys volunteering with organisations and groups that work towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Master of Technology, Renewable Energy Engineering and Management, TERI School of Advanced Studies, India
- Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Punjab Technical University, India
3 fun facts:
- If he could watch one show for the rest of his life, it would be The Big Bang Theory
- Enjoys reading and sharing trivia about science, politics, history, food, inner workings of the human body, the cosmos (and everything else under the sun)
- Wants to be a space tourist