Associate Vice President, Canada
Veiko is a transportation specialist with experience across Canada and the United States.
Veiko’s areas of focus include:
- Multimodal freight and passenger transportation
- Strategic planning and market analysis
- Economic and cost-benefit analysis
- Performance metrics and emerging data sources
- Reference-class costing and forecasting
- Transportation policy and strategy
- Freight cluster analysis and freight planning
- Urban goods movement
- Multimodal urban transportation (including transit and active transportation).
Much of Veiko’s work combines new and traditional transportation data sources such as GPS, commodity flow and sector-based land use data to provide insight on transportation system performance, with a focus on the economic importance of freight and people movement.
Veiko has managed, coordinated and held key technical roles on dozens of transportation mandates across Canada and the US for clients in the public and private sectors. These assignments have demanded a combination of significant data analysis, modeling, industry outreach, consultations, strategic planning and clear communications. Veiko’s experience covers all modes of transportation, including road, rail, marine, air, public transit and active transportation.
- Master of Science in Transportation, Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Toronto
P: +1 (647) 479-9802