CPCS named a top employer in Ottawa-Gatineau
CPCS has been recognized as a leading employer in Canada’s National Capital Region by the organizers of the annual Canada’s Top 100 Employers project. Join one of Ottawa-Gatineau’s best employers!
Earning this recognition is a meaningful achievement for CPCS, a global management advisory firm in the infrastructure sector.
People join CPCS for high-impact careers. Some of the work we accomplish includes:
- supporting electrification projects
- preparing strategies for lower-carbon supply chains
- improving freight transport planning
- mobilizing climate finance for infrastructure projects
CPCS is employee-owned
Since 2019, CPCS grew its team from 99 to 160 professionals, of which more than 50% own shares in the company.
Share ownership is another reason that makes CPCS an exceptional place to work. People feel invested in the organization, and it provides the firm with the freedom to work towards sustainable business goals, while building a company that professionals enjoy being part of.
CPCS is hiring. Learn more here: https://cpcs.ca/careers/
Notable reasons why CPCS was selected:
- CPCS encourages employees to adopt an ownership mentality through a share purchase plan, available to all employees, and lets everyone share in the company’s success with a formal profit-sharing plan
- CPCS offers 12 flexible “CPCS days” per year in place of standardized statutory holidays, allowing employees to choose the 12 holidays they would like to take off (a maximum of two per month) – additionally, employees receive four weeks of paid vacation annually
- CPCS helps keep employees connected through an ongoing and open communication program, such as monthly virtual town halls, end of week emails with recognition notes, an annual employee magazine, and an annual four-day employee conference
“This honour underscores how CPCS is an exceptional employee-owned management consultancy that offers high-impact careers.” — Marc-André Roy, co-managing partner, CPCS
“It’s a great source of pride knowing that we have built an award-winning company culture.” — Jean-François Arsenault, co-managing partner, CPCS
National Capital Region’s Top Employers
Read the competition’s press release: Innovation driven by competition between public and private sectors: ‘National Capital Region’s Top Employers’ for 2023 are announced
Now in its 18th year, National Capital Region’s Top Employers is a special designation that recognizes employers in the Ottawa-Gatineau metropolitan area that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. The regional competition is organized by the editors of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project. Editors compare organizations using the following criteria:
- Work atmosphere and social
- Health, Financial & Family Benefits
- Vacation and time off
- Employee communications
- Performance management
- Training and skills development
- Community involvement
Founded in 1992, Mediacorp Canada Inc. is the nation’s largest publisher of employment periodicals. Since 1999, the Toronto-based publisher has managed the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, which includes 18 regional and special-interest editorial competitions that reach millions of Canadians annually through a variety of magazine and newspaper partners, including The Globe and Mail. Mediacorp also operates Eluta.ca, one of Canada’s largest job search engines, which reaches over two million jobseekers annually and features exclusive editorial reviews from the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project.
The full list of the National Capital Region’s Top Employers (2023) was announced in a special magazine co-published with the Ottawa Citizen. Detailed reasons for selection for each of this year’s winners, as well as additional stories and photos, were also released today by the editors and are accessible via the competition homepage.
You may also like:
- Learn about our firm’s total compensation package
- Why they left and came back to CPCS
- CPCS transportation advisor wins rail award